I found that Version 2.0 of the Agency Child theme by Studiopress would make a wonderful business theme. So far I’ve customized it for two clients, one being a law firm and the second was a small publishing house. Here, I’m going to show you how to Install, Setup, & Customize the Agency Child Theme created by Studiopress.
You’ll need a few things in order to get started.
- photo editor (photoshop preferred)
- Agency 2.0 Theme
- Genesis Framework WordPress 3.0 or higher
- Jigoshop or Woocommerce (This tutorial will be written with Jigoshop)
First, we’ll start with the installation. First, you will upload the Genesis framework if you haven’t already. Don’t activate it, the install is a requirement for it to work.
1. Now you will upload and install the Agency 2.0 theme. Once it’s uploaded you will activate the theme.
2. Once the theme is uploaded, it should look something like this:
3. Now, let’s configure the homepage. The homepage is set up as widget areas. Please see the screenshot.
Let’s begin with the Header Right Widget. Actually, Let’s start by uploading the Demo Content.
- Each theme folder comes with XML sample data.
- You’ll upload this XML file via the Import tool in the Tools area.
Now that you have your sample data uploaded, it should look something like this.
Note: For newbies, this is not a requirement. I’m only using the sample data to populate the demo site with content.
6. Now let’s go to the widgets area to set up the Agency Theme.
That’s how we install Studiopress themes in WordPress.